New on our blog
It is hard to imagine several days (or weeks) without power, internet or running water. But these days anything can happen. That’s why you should have an emergency plan and supplies ready for any type of disaster.
A disaster could mean heavy snow, flooding, a tornado or a hurricane. – it depends where you live.
WHAT TO HAVE IN A HOME EMERGENCY KIT
You can buy a pre-made kit from a number of retailers online, but it’s also likely that you have many of these items lying around your house already. Pick up a large, portable, watertight container to start collecting things.
- Water (one gallon per person, per day)
- Non-perishable food
- Extra batteries
- Battery-powered or hand-cranked radio
- First aid kit and/or trauma kit
- Cash and change (in a waterproof container)
- Manual can opener
- Flares or whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks for contaminated air
- Wrench, pliers and other tools (to turn off utilities)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place (if you are stuck at home, work or elsewhere)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with battery-powered or solar charger.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications (pain relievers, anti-diarrhea medication, antacids or laxatives)
- Eyeglasses and contact lens solution
- Infant formula and supplies (diapers, wipes, etc.)
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Important family documents in a waterproof container (copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records)
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person
- Complete change of clothing for each person
- Unscented household bleach and medicine dropper
- Extra food and water
- Pet food and supplies
- Life raft for areas with severe flooding
- Extra blankets and hand warmers for extreme cold
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Fire extinguisher
Metropolitan Insurance Group Inc. (offices in Chicago and Park Ridge) works only with carefully selected insurance companies, financially strong, with a good reputation and the highest standards of customer service, so we are always able to offer clients the best insurance coverage tailored to their needs at the best price.
Metropolitan Insurance Group Inc. offers our clients in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan auto, home, health, dental, life, commercial and other insurance. We do everything to ensure that our clients receive exactly the insurance coverage they need. Our independent agency cooperates with many insurance companies every day in order to obtain the best protection for the best price for each client.
Feel free to contact us with any insurance question
Do you have questions about insurance?
Do you need a quote?
Do you want to compare premiums from different insurers?
We are happy to answer these and other insurance-related questions.
Please fill out the contact form, we will call you back as soon as possible.
We work with the best insurance companies
Insurance Agency Contact Information
Metropolitan Insurance Group Inc.
We are independent Insurance Agency in Chicago, IL
If you are looking for Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company or Metlife or its affiliates try this >>>link<<< please.
If you are looking for insurance agency in Chicagoland, here is our contact data:7018 W Archer Ave,
Chicago, IL 60638
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 2pm
112 Higgins Rd,
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am - 6:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday, Sunday: Closed
(773) 229 9891
or send an e-mail: